About Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
BPCL is a Fortune 500, leading Navratna Public Sector Company in the exciting and dynamic energy sector, engaged in Refining, Marketing and Distribution of Petroleum products and also in exploration of Oil / Gas. The BPCL group achieved a Gross Revenue from Operations of Rs. 2,19,253.07 crores for the year 2015-16. As one of India’s largest corporations, BPCL offers you a lifetime of personal and professional development. With BPCL you have the opportunity to flourish, explore your strengths and gain the experience to move ahead and accomplish your dreams. BPCL not only providing work with competitive pay but also in taking efforts to go the extra mile to provide a wholesome experience called life! A combination of unmatched benefits and opportunities for your personal and professional development is what you get at BPCL.
BPCL is looking for young, energetic and ambitious Graduate Engineers in the field of ‘Mechanical & Chemical Engineering’ for the post of ‘Management Trainee’. Mechanical & Chemical Engineers desirous of pursuing a career with BPCL are required to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) -2017. Online applications for GATE-2017 commence from 1 st September 2016 and close on 4 th October 2016. The eligibility criteria with respect to prescribed educational qualifications, percentage of marks, age etc. and the procedure for application are mentioned below:
Branch/ Specialisation :
Mechanical B.E / B.Tech / B.Sc (Engg) – Mechanical Engineering
Chemical B.E / B.Tech / B.Sc (Engg) – Chemical Engineering / Chemical Technology
Percentage of Marks:
1. Candidates belonging to General and OBC (Non- Creamy Layer/NCL) categories should have secured minimum 60% marks in the qualifying degree examination.
2. The applicable minimum percentage of marks for Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) /Persons With Disability (PWD) candidates is 50%. Candidates in the final year of engineering belonging to General and OBC (NCL) categories should have secured minimum 60% marks( in aggregate upto last semester), relaxable to 50% for SC/ST/ PWD candidates.
Age as on 1.6.2017 :
1. General Candidates : Maximum 25 years
2. OBC (Non Creamy layer) : Maximum 28 years
3. SC/ST: Maximum 30 years PWDs with degree of disability 40% or above : Age relaxation of up to 10 years
4. Candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1980 and 31.12.1989 : Age relaxation of up to 5 years
5. Ex-servicemen & Commissioned Officers (including ECOs & SSCOs, subject to rendering minimum 5 years’ military service and fulfillment of other conditions prescribed by Government of India): Age relaxation of up to 5 years
1. Candidates provisionally selected by BPCL will have to undergo a Pre-Employment Medical Examination before joining. The health of candidates will be assessed by Company's Authorized Medical Officers/ nominated hospitals and the final appointment will be subject to the candidate meeting the medical standards prescribed by the Company.
2. The decision on medical fitness by Company's Authorized Medical Officers/nominated hospitals would be final and binding on all candidates. No correspondence or queries in this regard shall be entertained by BPCL.
3. Myopia & Hypermetropia (vision), if any, should be within permissible limits i.e. (-) 6.00 & (+) 4.00.
4. Color blindness or squint, partial or full, is not acceptable in any case. Any major medical ailment will debar a candidate from being eligible for the job. The mentioned medical standards are only indicative and not exhaustive.
5. Details can be accessed through the following website www.oisd.gov.in. (Please refer Section 10 of OISD Standard 166).
For PWD candidates :
1. Candidates selected under PWD category, except the handicap for which relaxation is acceptable, must be within the prescribed normal range for all other physical standards.
2. PWD candidates would be required to furnish valid Disability Certificate duly
3. stamped & signed by a medical panel empowered for the purpose, which should
4. comprise 3 medical practitioners.
5. For PWD candidates, based on the physical requirements of the job for the post of ‘Management Trainee – Mechanical & Chemical Disciplines’, the category/sub-category of Disability identified for the post is – For Mechanical Engineers: OH/VH/HH viz. Orthopaedic Handicap/Visual Handicap/Hearing Handicap and for Chemical Engineers: OH – OA/OL viz. Orthopaedic handicap (One Arm/One Leg)
GATE SCORES: Shortlisting based on GATE-2017 Scores in Mechanical & Chemical Disciplines
•Group Discussions / Alternate selection methodology
Based on Medical Fitness in Pre -Employment Medical Examination
Training & Placement
1. Candidates selected as ‘Management Trainee’ would be normally on Probation for one year (Extendable in case of non-satisfactory performance) and on successful completion of probationary period, would be confirmed as ‘Executive’ in the respective business unit / entity.
2. Candidates can be posted across the country, in any of the businesses / locations or offices including joint ventures & subsidiary companies of BPCL currently in existence and establishments that may be set up in future besides roles on deputation to other organizations.
4. The work profile entails Operations (working in shift duties at various operating locations / installations / depots) and Sales in the Marketing function and in the Process & Engineering roles in the Refineries.
1. Candidates selected as “Management Trainee” would be normally placed in Job Group “A”, with a basic salary of Rs. 24,900/- (Scale of Pay Rs. 24,900 – Rs. 50,500). In addition, Dearness Allowance (DA) based on IDA pattern is payable. House Rent Assistance, if applicable will vary based on the class of city of posting.
2. The total emoluments at entry level in Job Group ‘A’ are presently Rs. 14.2 Lakhs per annum (approx. cost to company). This includes 50% of Basic Pay as Perks & Allowances, Performance Related Pay & 30% of Basic plus DA as superannuation benefits (Provident Fund, Gratuity & New Pension Scheme). Our perquisites include housing / vehicle loan facilities, medical reimbursement for self / dependant family members, LFA, Holiday home facility, Group Savings Linked Insurance Scheme etc.
3. The pay is due for an upward revision in 2017, effective from 01.01.2017
How to Apply for BPCL Management Trainee through GATE-2017
1. Register for GATE 2017
2. Register on BPCL's website after obtaining GATE 2017 registration number from 6th January 2017 to 3rd February 2017
3. After successful submission of Application, unique Application ID would be generated alongwith the completed form
4. Appear for GATE - 2017 scheduled on February 4 – 5, 2017 & February 11 – 12, 2017
Instructions to Apply:
1. Graduate engineers from the following disciplines desirous of taking up a career with BPCL are required to appear in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2017.
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING ME & CHEMICAL ENGINEERING CH
2. Application process for GATE-2017 is entirely online. After downloading the GATE-2017 admit card and receipt of GATE registration number, candidates need to apply online on BPCL’s website.
3. Candidates will require their GATE-2017 Registration Number for applying to BPCL. The registration number will appear on the GATE-2017 admit card which can only be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites of IISc and 7 IITs. No other number (for eg. GATE-2017 Application / online form no. etc) should be entered while applying to BPCL.
4. The relevant link would be made available from 6th January 2017 on BPCL’s career website https://bharatpetroleum.com/Careers/Current-Openings.aspx
5. After completion of the online application form for BPCL, candidates must click on ‘Submit’ to submit the same. If this is accepted, the system will generate a unique application ID along with the completed application form, which would be emailed to the candidate.
6. Candidate should take a print out of completed application, affix his/her recent passport size photograph and sign at the space provided. The same will have to be submitted in case the candidate is shortlisted for further selection process. The passport size photograph affixed by the candidate should be the same as that on the GATE-2017 application form & admit card.
7. If the candidate is called for further selection process, his/ her identity would be verified with GATE-2017 admit card and GATE-2017 official score card. 3rd February 2017 is the last date for submitting the ONLINE application for BPCL.
8. Candidates must enter the same name that they have used while applying for GATE-2017. (For example, if the candidate has entered Navin Kumar Singh in the GATE ONLINE application, he must enter Navin Kumar Singh (exactly same spelling) while applying to BPCL. He must not enter N K Singh or Navin K Singh etc. while applying to BPCL).
9. Candidates appearing in a different GATE paper (other than that of their Qualifying Engineering discipline) will not be considered for further selection procedure. For example, if a candidate possesses a BE/B.Tech degree in Chemical Engineering and appears for MECHANICAL paper in GATE 2017, his/her candidature will not be considered for further shortlisting. Candidates must provide correct GATE Registration number while applying to BPCL.
10. BPCL will consider only GATE-2017 marks. GATE-2016 marks or prior to that will not be considered.
11. For more information on GATE-2017, interested candidates may logon to the website http://www.gate.iitr.ernet.in/ or visit any of the GATE zonal websites of IISc and the seven IITs.
1. Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
2. Candidates must have an active e-mail id, which must remain valid for at least the next one year. All future communication with the candidates will take place through e-mail only.
3. Candidates should have relevant documents like percentage of marks obtained in the degree examination, degree certificate, date of birth, caste/disability certificate (if applicable), e-mail id etc. readily available with them before they commence the ONLINE application process. This information would be required at the time of filling-in the ONLINE application.
4. Candidates presently employed in Central/ State Government, Autonomous bodies and PSUs must submit 'No Objection Certificate' of their employer at the time of GD / PI failing which they will not be allowed to appear for the selection process.
5. Candidates belonging to OBC category but belonging to creamy layer would not be entitled to the benefit of reservation and should apply as General Category candidates.
6. Candidates not found to be meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria shall be rejected at any stage of the selection process.
7. BPCL reserves the right to cancel / restrict / enlarge / modify / alter the recruitment process, if the need so arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereafter
8. Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Mumbai.
9. While applying for the above post, candidate must ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility and other norms mentioned above, as on the specified dates and the particulars furnished are correct in all respects. In case it is detected at any stage of recruitment / selection that the candidate does not fulfil the eligibility norms and / or that he / she has furnished any incorrect / false information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his/her candidature will automatically stand cancelled. If any of the above shortcoming(s) is/are detected even after appointment, his/her services are liable to be terminated without any Notice, as the appointment would be deemed to be void ab initio.
10. If any candidate attempts to use external influence for the purpose of facilitation his/her selection, it would result in automatic cancellation of his/her candidature.
1. For GATE 2017
- Commencement of on-line Applications for GATE 2017 on the websites of IITs / IISc 1 st September 2016
- Last date for submission of on-line Applications for GATE 2017 on the websites of IITs / IISc 4 th October 2016
- Availability of online admit card 5 th January 2017 onwards
- Date of GATE 2017 online examination February 4 – 5, 2017 & February 11 – 12, 2017
2. For BPCL
- Opening of BPCL recruitment website for online submission of applications with GATE 2017 Registration number 6 th17
- Last date of submission of online application 3 rd February 2017 January 20
Official Recruitment Notification: Click here for BPCL official notification
Apply Online: Click here
Don't Forget to Activate the Email Subscription from your Inbox
*If you found this site helpful kindly like or share it with your friends. It will help us a lot
Outdated Recruitment Notifications
>>> Management Trainee Through GATE 2016 (outdated)
BPCL is looking for Graduate Engineers in the field of ‘Mechanical/ Chemical,Instrumentation Engineering’ for the post of ‘Management Trainee’. Mechanical, Chemical & Instrumentation Engineers desirous of pursuing a career with BPCL are required to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) -2016. Online applications for GATE-2016 commence from 1 st September 2015 and close on 1 st October 2015.
Branch/ Specialisation Nomenclature of Qualifying DegreeMechanical B.E / B.Tech / B.Sc (Engg) – Mechanical Engineering Chemical B.E / B.Tech / B.Sc (Engg) –
Chemical Engineering / Chemical Technology Instrumentation B.E / B.Tech / B.Sc (Engg) –
Instrumentation Engineering / Instrumentation and Control Engineering / Instrumentation and Electronics Engineering / Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
Training & PlacementCandidates selected as ‘Management Trainee’ would be normally on Probation for one year (Extendable in case of non-satisfactory performance) and on successful completion of probationary period, would be confirmed as ‘Executive’ in the respective business unit / entity.
Candidates can be posted across the country, in any of the businesses / locations or offices including joint ventures & subsidiary companies of BPCL currently in existence and establishments that may be set up in future besides roles on deputation to other organizations.
How to ApplyRegister through any of the websites mentioned below from 1st September 2015 to 1 st October 2015. Application process for GATE-2016 is entirely ONLINE.
Apply at www.bpclcareers.com for Openings at Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
After downloading the GATE-2016 admit card and receipt of GATE registration number, candidates need to apply online on BPCL’s website. The relevant link would be made available from 17th December 2015 on BPCL’s career website i.e www.bpclcareers.in.
Candidates will require their GATE-2016 Registration Number for applying to BPCL. The registration number will appear on the GATE-2016 admit card which can only be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites of IISc and 7 IITs. No other number (for eg. GATE-2016 Application / online form no. etc) should be entered while applying to BPCL.