Power Grid Recruitment of Executive Trainee – 22nd Batch
POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India, one of the largest Transmission Utilities in the World and a Navratna Enterprise of Govt. of India is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, co-ordination, supervision and control over complete inter-State transmission system and operation of National & Regional Power Grids. POWERGRID operates around 1,31,728 circuit kms of transmission lines along with 213 Sub-stations (as on 31.07.2016) and wheels about 50% of total power generated in the country through its transmission network. POWERGRID also owns and operates approximately 36,563 kms of Telecom Network, with points of presence in approx. 595 locations and intra-city network in 105 cities across India.
POWERGRID, with its strong in-house expertise in various facets of Transmission, Sub-Transmission, Distribution and Telecom sectors also offers consultancy services at National and International level. POWERGRID has been making profit since inception, having Gross turnover of Rs. 21,352 Crore and Profit After Tax of Rs. 6,014 Crore (FY: 2015 - 16).
To take the growth curve to further heights, POWERGRID is looking for Bright, Committed and Energetic engineers to join its fold as EXECUTIVE TRAINEEs in the disciplines of Electrical, Electronics, Civil and Computer Science.
Recruitment of ET 22nd Batch through GATE 2017 in Electrical, Electronics, Civil and Computer Science Disciplines (Advt. No. CC/05/2016 dtd. 13.09.2016)
VACANCIES & RESERVATION:
Details of number of vacancies and reservation shall be indicated in the notification to be published on our website before commencement of Online Registration. However reservation shall be provided to OBC(NCL)/SC/ST/PwD candidates depending on the number of vacancies and as per Govt. of India Directives.
Recruitment of Executive Trainee – 22nd Batch:
- ET (Electrical)
- ET (Electronics)
- ET (Civil)
- ET (Computer Science)
Valid Score in the GATE 2017 Candidate should have appeared in the corresponding paper of GATE 2017 as shown in the following table and Qualified in the same. The qualifying marks shall be as declared by GATE 2017 Organizing Body.
- ET (Electrical) EE
- ET (Electronics) EC
- ET (Civil) CE
- ET (Computer Science) CS
Upper Age Limit 28 years as on 31.12.2016
Full Time B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg.) from recognized University/ Institute in corresponding engineering stream with a minimum 65% or Equivalent CGPA
Final Year / Semester students who expect their results by 14.08.2017 are also eligible, provided they have obtained 65% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/years up to pre-final examination.
RELAXATIONS AND CONCESSIONS
1. Reservation/ relaxation/ concession to OBC (NCL)/ SC/ ST/ PwD/ Ex – SM/ J&K Domiciled/ Victims of riots shall be as per Government of India directives.
2. Persons suffering from not less than 40% of the relevant disability shall only be eligible for the benefit for PwD.
3. Relaxation in Marks in essential qualification for SC/ST/PwD candidates: Qualifying Marks in essential qualification is relaxed to pass marks for posts reserved for the respective category as per the final detailed advertisement issued before commencement of online registration.
4. Relaxation in Upper Age Limit:
a) For OBC(NCL) candidates : 3 years (for posts reserved for the respective category)
b) For SC/ST candidates : 5 years (for posts reserved for the respective category)
c) For PwD candidates : 10 years over and above category relaxation
d) J&K Domicile / ExServicemen/ Victims of riots : As per Govt. of India directives
5. Reservation/ Relaxation / Concession for SC / ST will be subject to submission of relevant Caste Certificate in the prescribed format issued by a competent authority at time of interview, if called for.
6. Relaxation / Concession for J&K Domiciled / Ex-Servicemen/ Victims of riots will be subject to submission of relevant Age relaxation cum Domicile certificate /Discharge certificate etc. in the prescribed format issued by a competent authority at time of interview, if called for.
7. Reservation and Relaxation for OBC (NCL) will be subject to submission of a copy of the latest OBC (NCL) certificate in the format prescribed by the Govt. of India for “Appointment to posts under Govt. of India” from a competent authority at the time of interview, if called for.
8. Reservation / Relaxation / Concession for Persons with Disability is subject to submission of medical certificate in prescribed format in support of disability issued by the Government Medical Board at the time of interview, if called for.
9. Candidates working in POWERGRID are advised to refer to internal circular before filling up the application.
10. Relaxation/ Concession for POWERGRID Departmental Candidates
- No Upper Age Limit
- Qualifying Marks in essential qualification is relaxed to 50% for General and OBC (NCL) Category.
- Departmental Candidates shall also be required to qualify in the corresponding paper of GATE 2017.
- No application fee for applying in POWERGRID
The Selection Process consists of marks obtained (out of 100) in the corresponding paper of GATE 2017, Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
Candidates qualified in corresponding paper of GATE 2017 shall only be eligible to be considered for the next stage of selection. Qualifying marks in GATE-2017 shall be as decided by GATE-2017 conducting authority.
Qualified candidates shall be short-listed category-wise for Group Discussion & Personal Interview based on their normalized marks out of 100 in GATE 2017, in the corresponding paper.
Candidates shall obtain information about their status through their login at the POWERGRID Online Application System. Shortlisted candidates shall be able to download their interview call letter and other relevant documents through the candidate login.
Candidates shortlisted for the Group Discussion and Interview shall be required to bring the documents as mentioned in their interview call letter.
Weightage of Different Parameters
- GATE 2017 Marks (out of 100) in corresponding Paper 85%
- Group Discussion 3%
- Personal Interview 12%
- Total 100%
The Corporation offers a very attractive pay package and is one of the best in the Industry. Selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs. 24900-50500 during the one-year training period. On successful completion of training, the candidates will be absorbed as Engineer. The approximate CTC per annum are as follows:
- During Training Rs. 8.5 lakhs
- After Training Rs. 14.9 lakhs
The CTC shall vary depending on location of posting and other terms and conditions of appointment On regularization, the Compensation package includes Basic Pay, Dearness Allowance, Perquisites and Allowance as per cafeteria approach, Performance Related Pay, Company Leased Accommodation / Company Quarters or HRA, Reimbursement of monthly conveyance expenditure, mobile facility, PF, Gratuity, Pension & Leave encashment, Group Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance etc.
The Corporation also offers excellent facilities like Short and Long term Loans & Advances including House Building Advance, Medical facilities for self and dependents etc. to its regular employees in accordance with the policies of the organization from time to time.
SERVICE AGREEMENT BOND
The selected candidates will be required to execute a service agreement bond to successfully complete the prescribed training period and thereafter serve the organization for at least three years. The amount of the bond is INR 1,00,000/- for General/OBC (NCL) candidates and INR 50,000/- for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTRATION/ APPLICATION
1. Candidates have to register themselves and appear for the corresponding paper of GATE 2017.
2. For details on GATE -2017, please visit http://www.gate.iitr.ernet.in/
3. A separate notification with details regarding number of vacancies, reservation, important instructions regarding submission of POWERGRID online application, date of interview etc. shall be hosted on our website, from 10th Feb 2017.
4. Application window for POWERGRID shall be open from 15th Feb 2017 to 15th March 2017. Candidates have to register themselves online at POWERGRID website with details of their GATE 2017 Application No., GATE 2017 Registration Number and other required information, which will be made available at CAREER section of www.powergridindia.com.
5. Candidates will be required to retain their GATE 2017 Admit card and GATE 2017 Score card for verification at the time of GD/ Interview / Joining in POWERGRID.
- Commencement of Online submission of GATE Application 1st Sept 2016
- Last date of Online submission of GATE Application 4th October 2016
- Commencement of Online Submission of Application to POWERGRID 15th Feb 2017
- Last date for Online submission of Application to POWERGRID 15th March 2017
Official Recruitment Notification: Click Here
Don't Forget to Activate the Email Subscription from your Inbox
*If you found this site helpful kindly like or share it with your friends. It will help us a lot