Ready to appear for your 10th board exams this year? You might have competed well in all your exams till now, but for the first time, you will be exposed to a greater competition. Hence, your strategy for preparation and appearing in the boards would also differ greatly.
Wondering how and what should be done?
For the first time, here you get the complete guide on how to prepare for your 10th board subject wise.
Class 10th Science primarily focuses on Chemistry, Biology and Physics. Students who wish to opt for the science stream in class XI should focus on these three streams as this will clear their basics.
Preparation Tips for CBSE Class 10 Science Paper
- Take important notes and highlight them in your notebook. Use the margins to summarize the pages in the note book.
- Keep handy the entire list of formulae, derivations, and experiments. Chemistry and physics are all about these things.
- Prepare a proper time table to help you re-revise the same chapter in a gap of 10 days.
- Do not miss your science practical sessions. Utilize the science lab learning as much as you can. Visual learning tends to have a greater impact and easier to recall.
- Learn to write things in your own language instead of learning things by heart. Practice previous year question papers in the given set of time.
- Several science formulas have certain rules that should be followed strictly to use them correctly. Understand and learn those rules to solve science equations.
- The NCERT books should be followed thoroughly to score well in boards. Almost the complete question paper is based on the concepts given in the NCERT book.
Class 10 mathematics paper focuses on basic geometry, the concept of numbers and trigonometry. All these aspects help students build a basic aptitude to appear for the aptitude based tests in their future.
Preparation Tips for CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Paper
- Keep handy the concepts and formula sheet. One should know the application of all the formulas.
- When solving a problem based question, read the problem again and again in order to get the exact idea of what is needed to be done.
- Mathematics is all about practice. The more you practice the sums, the better you understand the concepts.
- Pen down on a rough paper the problem, including what is being given in the paper and what is being asked to find. Follow a systematic way to find out the correct solution.
- Once you’re done with the revision of your syllabus, start solving the sample papers, practice papers and unsolved papers within the given set of time.
- If you really want to score good in mathematics in your board exam, it is really important to completely be in synch with your NCERT book.
Social Science Paper
Class 10th Social Science paper focuses on history, Civics, Geography, and Economics. Since all these subjects are entirely theoretical, students find them boring and hence lose interest during their preparation.
Preparation Tips for CBSE Class 10 Social Science Paper
- Prioritize your subjects and even the topics according to the weight-age of marks and their difficulty level. Base on this, create a proper study schedule.
- Go through the entire syllabus by simply reading all the chapters and try to understand it. If you read 10 things carefully and understand them well, you’ll remember atleast 4-5 of them.
- Create a table with all the important dates. Stick it on the wall of your room so that each time you flip through it, you’ll be able to by heart a few dates. .
- It is better to study subject-wise instead of covering all the topics altogether. It won’t create confusion in your mind.
- Understand economics and civics lessons, it’s better than to try to memorize.
- Practice map work well by tracing the important and recurrent locations. Then try locating on a blank map.
- Solve previous year solved/unsolved/practice papers to practice writing within a defined word count.
While Class 10th English may seem like the easiest subject, it's still important to study hard!
Preparation Tips for CBSE Class 10 English Paper
- The best way to score well in English is by reading the lessons and understand them well.
- English is all about grammar. Therefore, focus on practicing grammar exercises more and more.
- Try to understand the format and style of language to be used under the writing section. By practicing such questions, you’ll understand the trick.
- Whenever you read, keep handy a notebook to note down all the difficult words you don’t understand. Then look up in the dictionary for their meaning. This will help you improve your vocabulary and word usage.
- Improve your reading comprehension by reading unknown passages and summarizing them point wise.
- To score well in essay or paragraph writing, practice a different writing composition each day. Make sure to stay within the word limits.
- Grammar questions in the board paper come in the form of editing, sentence completion/reordering, etc. So, practice those types of questions.
- Practice character sketches by reading text.
- As the exam approaches, emphasize more on going through the Writing notes. Read the literature and examples of the topics that are likely to come in the writing section.
Hindi is one subject students find it difficult to score good grades.
Preparation Tips for CBSE Class 10 Hindi Paper
- CBSE Hindi paper revolves around grammar. Hence, cover all the topics and practice them well. You must know and understand the rules and usage.
- To perform well in the unseen passage section, practice a new passage each day. You will be able to manage in exam if you have a grip on grammar.
- Practice writing essays well before the exam approaches. Essay writing section can help you get good marks if you write well. Practice common and latest topics.
- For literature, read your lessons thoroughly. You don’t have to by heart each and every question and their answers.
- Focus on poems and dohas. Understand their meaning. To remember the meaning, you can pick words in each line which could remind you of the entire line or stanza.
- Practice previous years papers well.
Some Recommended Books
- NCERT Books on Class 10 (subject wise)
- ICSE Mathematics 15th Edition (Paperback) by Ravinder Kumar Vimal and Vinod Kumar Jain
- ICSE Geography For Class 10 (Paperback) by R.K. Jain
- Longman History & Civics for ICSE 10 (Paperback) by Singh
- ICSE Physics For Class X (Paperback) by Pankaj Bhatt
- ICSE Biology, by Sarita Aggarwal
- S.Chand's ICSE Chemistry X 1st Edition (Paperback) by B.S. Bisht
CBSE 10th board exams are the first step towards building your career. Therefore, take it seriously and work hard. However, don’t take stress and enjoy your preparation. Eat healthy, exercise daily and take adequate sleep. Take breaks during your study sessions. Indulge yourself in happy activities like sitting with family or friends, watching TV for a while, etc. to keep your mind calm, and stress free. Stay focused. All the best!
About Author: Rajesh is co - owner of Easy Management Notes. He is expert in counselling students from different background. He founded Easy Management Notes provides students & professors a platform to share their study notes, research paper, case study & other study material online.